This is a Fight Back, Join Us!
Red Zoned in Canada? This is a Fight Back, Join Us!
Call Out across Canada
“Homeless Canadians: Have you been “Red Zoned””?
Are you interested in filling out a police complaint form and join others who are standing up against social profiling, stigmatizing and criminalization of poor citizens?
Are you interested in helping the poor organize by sharing your resources? We can use them. We can use help to start a web site for the purpose of educating and stopping the practice of red zoning, which was found to be unconstitutional in BC, yet the practice continues.
THAW Victoria and VIPIRG with the support of CTEHV are now meeting regularly with Police Chief Del Manek, Mayor Lisa Helps helped us get ball rolling and, in our second meeting we came up with an idea to help educate public.
“Know Your Rights With Police” workshops.
What does it mean to be Red Zoned?
Victoria’s red zone struck down
CBC NewsPosted: Jun…
View original post 404 more words
As Published in The Volcano. November 10, 2016 Newsletter posts, Police & Criminalization “Can I just talk to you over here for a moment?” It’s not the first time this question made me feel…
Loads of change upon us, in all of this remember Unity. Educate, do not insulate. kh “It’s Time To Stand Up And Live Free. We Are Ready.” Steven Jeffrey Chrisjohn 15hrs. C…
Income Assistance Payment Dates
- December 16, 2015 (for January 2016)
- January 20, 2016 (for February 2016)
- February 17, 2016 (for March 2016)
- March 23, 2016 (for April 2016)
- April 20, 2016 (for May 2016)
- May 25, 2016 (for June 2016)
- June 22, 2016 (for July 2016)
- July 27, 2016 (for August 2016)
- August 24, 2016 (for September 2016)
- September 21, 2016 (for October 2016)
- October 26, 2016 (for November 2016)
- November 23, 2016 (for December 2016)
- December 21, 2016 (for January 2017)
Met some new friends out front of Conference. ITs all in the signs, check these folks out! Video coming soon.